Keep your employees and our community safe with FREE Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Self Screening kits!
FREE for all businesses in Essex County with less than 150 employees!
Pick up kits (by appointment only) at the
Amherstburg Community Services Community Hub Building:
Mondays & Fridays 9am – 12pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays 1pm – 4pm
Asymptomatic employees test themselves twice per week.
Get results in 15 minutes!
Those who test positive or inconclusive must go for a lab-based PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test.
Why do this?
The latest information from Health Canada suggests that up to 1/3 of people carrying the virus are asymptomatic! Over 50% of known cases were transmitted by an asymptomatic carrier. This makes it incredibly important to find asymptomatic carriers in order to combat the spread and get to a more normalized community life.
A Covid-19 rapid screening test can be performed anywhere (i.e. at your workplace!) and does not require shipping a specimen to a lab for processing. It takes approximately 15 minutes to see the results. Frequent testing increases the chances of early identification of cases.
How does the Program work?
- Small businesses select a representative from their company to be the “Screening Supervisor” responsible for the program.
- They sign up for this free program at the appointment portal, complete the
Program Agreement form, and book a 15 minute appointment for their Screening Supervisor to come to the Amherstburg Community Services building to receive training and pick up a two week supply of kits.
- Employees administer the test themselves, with a gentle nasal swab, under the guidance of their Screening Supervisor.
- Test results are ready in 15 minutes.
- Anyone who tests presumed positive, or inconclusive, is directed to self-isolate and get a PCR (standard) test as soon as possible.
- The Screening Supervisor reports the total number of tests completed, number of positive tests, number of negative tests, etc on the Windsor-Essex Chamber website.
- Employees are generally tested twice per week.
- Reorder your kits on our website as needed.
- For your first visit you will be required to watch a short training video during your pick-up appointment.
Sign up for the Program
Step #1: Complete the PASP Agreement
Print and complete this Agreement before your first pick-up. Bring it with you on your first pick-up or scan and upload it when you book your time.
Step #2: Call to book your pickup appointment
Call Amherstburg Community Services to complete your booking information. Be sure to have your completed PASP agreement completed. Do not arrive earlier than your appointment time.
Step #3: Complete the Prescreen Check
You can do this from our parking lot if you’d like. We have a QR code for your convenience on our signs. Enter the building only after completing this step.
Step#4: Pick up your kits at the Amherstburg Community Services Building.
320 Richmond St, Amherstburg, ON N9V 1H4
Step#5: Report your results